Introducing the our Rocktown staff - in all their glory.
We asked each of them to reply to the following questions:
1. When did you start climbing/How long have you been climbing?
2. What is your favorite gym climb at Rocktown?
3. What is your favorite outdoor climbing area?
4. Your position at R-town
5. A unique talent you possess
6. List other hobbies/interests
7. OTHER information about you....
1. I started climbing about 10 years ago with my boyfriend (now husband) and enjoy all types of climbing-although now only have time for indoor climbing!
2. Xodus-when it's not too windy
3. Most any place in Arkansas, but I love Vegas too....
4. Co-owner/Operations Manager
5. Reciting the alphabet backwards
6. I enjoy most outdoor activities and especially love playing with my son!
7. I have a Master's degree in Nutrition and am a Registered Dietitian
1. Started climbing in 1992 - but really started when I was about 8 or 9 - I just didn't know that's what I was doing. I scared myself soloing at Red Rock Canyon (in Oklahoma).
2. Either Xodus or Quarry Daze is my favorite route at the gym.
3. Favorite outdoor climbing area would be El Portero Chico in Nuevo Leon, Mexico. Other favorite areas would be Red Rocks, NV, Cave Creek, AR, Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge in southwest Oklahoma, and Yosemite/Tolumne in CA.
4. Co-Owner, Manager, Routesetter, Coach...the list goes on.
5. I've been told I make "the best cookies."
6. Screenwriting, Super 8 film, movies, music, the ocean, travelling, spending time with my wife, Lisa and little boy, Summit.
7. I recently completed a short film called The Good Soldier. It was shot on location at Rocktown and much of the crew and some of the cast was made up of Rocktown employees. We have some talented people here. I also do website and graphic design through F47 Productions and co-own (with Erik Schultz) a climbing wall design/build firm called Rock Island Climbing Wall Company. In addition I also began in 2007 The Renegade Picture Show, which is an outdoor film experience we host at the gym.
William Fredericks III (aka WF3 aka Billy)
1. I started Climbing May of 2005 stopped for 2 years and started again spring break of 2008. So a total of 2 years.
2. Probably Steve’s climbs (the pink one) or Exodus.
3. Boulder Canyon
4. I like the way climbing instructor sounds.
5. I can organize the crap out of things.
6. I enjoy anything outdoors, biking, camping, hiking you know all that stuff. I also enjoy listing to music, and hang out with the friends.
1. I started climbing in 2006 in East Tennessee and have loved the sport ever-since
2. I am in love with the finger crack.
3. The Obed in Morgan County East Tennessee
4. Club Coach, maintenance assistant, route setter helper,... just about everything.
5. I harmonize and whistle to songs that I like, I am bilingual (French), I don't really get stressed out over anything.
6. Hunting and fishing, cycling for long distances, and anything that involves being outside with nature really.
7. I ride my bike to work as often as I can to save money and the earth. I have a bachelors degree in Environmental Studies from Maryville College. I am an Eagle Scout. I am Wilderness First Responder certified
ContactRocktown Climbing Gym
200 SE 4th Street
OKC, OK 73129
PO Box 643
OKC, OK 73101